I have heard so much about this book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldregde, there would be no reason for me to not start reading it. But I must say, I am a little hesitant to read it. Not that I don't think it will be an amazing book, because I know it will be. It's that I'm nervous of how the Lord is going to change me through it. I want this change, because change can be a good thing, but I don't want to see the things in my heart that I've buried so deep, resurface again. Things like guilt and never feeling good enough. But it's time that they leave for good.
"The mystery of the feminine heart was meant to be a good thing, by the way. A source of joy. Yet it has been the source of shame--women almost universally feel that they are 'too much' or 'not enough'. At the same time. And so we miss the treasure that is the heart of a woman..."
This is just in the first paragraph of the introduction and it already has so much behind it. We always joke about women being too complicated, but in all reality, we have every reason to be complicated. That is the way we were made. The complication makes us beautiful. It just makes getting to know us even better. Most of the world doesn't see that though. But you know who loves the complication? God. He loves every ounce of the jumbled up mess that we call ourselves. Sometimes I just don't realize it though. I think, how can someone love this crazy, mixed up person? But He does. Every crazy part of me. And when I don't ever forget that is when I know I can truly be happy.
So obviously this blog will be more geared towards the dominant sex: women. Hahaha ok, just playing around. But, it will be. So if you are a guy and you are reading this, then that's awesome. Maybe you'll learn something about us that you never knew, or you finally understand how truly complicated and CAPTIVATING we really are.
I'm really excited that you are reading this. One of my good friends freaked out when I asked her if she had read this book because she had and God worked in her so much through it. I actually plan on reading it one day so I can learn about the godly woman I desperately want and pray for. I read the man's version of this book written by John Eldridge and it was very challenging -- in a good way. Ill be praying for you as you go on this journey. It will indeed be a tough thing to do but it will be so worth it!
ReplyDelete-Kevin h